Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A New Chapter


We are officially in the United States Air Force. Jake passed his physical today and was immediately (once he got his trousers back on) swore in. Now we wait until they tell us when he will leave for basic training. Then it's 8 weeks without him. It will be really hard to be separated from him for so long but I will enjoy visiting my family in Florida. Then they will send him to training with or without me. After all of that, we will finally be stationed somewhere as a family. We are so excited! It has been a long time coming. I feel like we have started a new chapter in our lives. We are ready to serve our country and get some nice benefits in return.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Congratulations! I'm very excited for you but also a little sad because we will miss you:-/ I suppose we are holding your things hostage until you come and visit us one more time:-)

    ReplyDelete