Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10

Happy Anniversary to us!

This weekend was insane. Jake works late on Friday nights. I called him around 9:00 and told him that I wasn't feeling well. By the time he got home it was clear that I had a very violent flu! I spent the entire night on the bathroom floor. The sickness continued to the next day. I tried to sleep as much as possible. Jake and Annie took care of Jacob all day, only bringing him down to me to be fed with the little milk that I was producing. We tried to give him some stored breastmilk from a bottle. He HATED it! He went to bed frustrated.

The next day was our One Year Anniversary. Jake went to church without me. I was still feeling really weak. When he came home I went upstairs and there waiting on the table for me was a card, a box of cake mix, and a dozen white roses (my favorite)! My sweet husband spent the next hour baking a delicious chocolate cake that I actually was able to eat. The rest of the day was spent sitting on the couch together (I was still re-cooperating)

Thankfully, I am feeling a lot better today!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I am glad to hear you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete