Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teething...i think

I 'think' Jacob is teething (hopefully nothing more serious)... and it really stinks! My boy has always been a wonderful sleeper, a champ at the breast and a very lite crier. Tonight he won't sleep, won't eat, and will not stop crying! My poor, sweet boy. I've given him Tylenol, rubbed numbing tablets on his gums, let him suck on a wet,cold washcloth, and he is STILL not getting any relief. What else am I suppose to do?! Just let him suffer? Take him to the doctor in case it's not just teething? And what about eating? If he's hungry enough will he eat even if his mouth still hurts? What do I do if he doesn't start eating soon? I need help.

4 comments:

  1. Lanie it sounds like an ear infection. They will always eat while teething. But eating with an ear infection is very hard and painful. I would call and take him in immediately. Even if he doens't have a fever. My kids never have fevers when they have an ear infection. Lots of love to you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doctors are always good for help and advice, no matter what the problem is! Hope you figure it out soon, it is so hard when they don't sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Jacob ate today (not as much as he usually does) and I called the Doctor. He said to watch him for the next day and bring him in if he's not improving.

    ReplyDelete