Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Christmas..in May?

In case you are wondering, I do in fact, know that it is now May but I couldn't resist posting this picture. When Jacob was seven months old, he could say three words...Mama, Dada, and BALL. This picture is my son in a nutshell..shirt untucked, sleeves cuffs unbuttoned, hair stuck to his sweaty forehead and a ball in his hands. As many of you know, I do NOT play sports. Mostly because all through my adolescent years I was a too tall, bean pole. But trying to be a good Mommy, I have stepped out of my comfort zone and tried to be more athletic for Jacob. We spend our days running around the neighborhood, learning important skills like how to kick, dribble and throw a ball. I am proud to say that my own skills have improved. It just reminds me of how much being a mother has changed me and has made me a better person.

 I once read that if the question "Am I a good Mother?" keeps you up at night, then you are one. That statement gives me a lot of hope. It is sometimes overwhelming to know that you are molding a future for a little life by the small and simple things you do. For me, right now, the small and simple things are walking down the street hand in hand with my son, looking for an adventure or reading his favorite book over and over and over again, or even just singing that extra lullaby before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment